First things first, in these tough times every one wants everything as cheap as possible. However, when it comes to airlines and airfares, it turns out to be a bit different to find a bargain.
Here are a few tips which may help you to find those cheap deals and offers you are after:
Book well in advance
- Airlines are different. They are not exactly like average retail stores which turns into offers in the seasons when there are less sales like February, March or when there is a shopping season like Christmas. Each airline has some classes (like they are not real classes of seats, they are just fare classes) which are cheaper, they go on sale first and when they are sold out, hence comes the expensive ones and this order of fare sales remain in function all year long, so get your ticket in advance, well advance.
- Airlines are not different. Yes, they are different in terms of fare sales but in terms of promotions they do run promotions on airfares when there is a low season, again, like in months of September, October and they do increase their fares when there is a season when people travel the most. For example, Christmas and annual summer school holidays. So, tip number two is again get your ticket well in advance specially for those seasons if you are planning to get away when kids are off school.
- Plan well ahead of Eid seasons for Pakistan as well, like if you are planning to go home for Eid-ul-fitr, you may want to reserve your ticket before 1st of Ramadaan or at least in first 10 days of Ramadaan. Same for Eid-ul-Adha as well, book your cheap flight well in advance.
Ask a travel agent
- Yes, you heard right, you may want to open up each website of every airline and search for yourself but first travel agents keep taps on all the airlines and their promotions for you, there are multiple airlines flying to Pakistan from UK, i.e. Emirates, Etihad Airways, Qatar Airways, Gulf Air, Oman Air , Kuwait Airways, Airblue and of course Pakistan International Airlines (PIA). A travel agent has the system which connects to all of them and they readily knows about all the promotions and stuff.
- Airlines leave margins to the travel agencies to sell their tickets. Many agents pass these margins to end passenger hence, you may get a cheaper flight offer then you will get from the airline direct.
- You can always get offers from our website which has a Cheapest Flights to Pakistan section letting you know what cheapest fares they offered in last 7 days, that may let you know about trend in fares, obviously if they never got it cheap in those days, no one else would, so better hurry get your ticket!
Flights for Pakistan goes from all major airports of United Kingdom to Pakistan. Major airports which are also close to Pakistani community areas are: London Heathrow, Gatwick (London), Leads, Manchester, Birmingham and Glasgow. Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) serves from only London Heathrow, Manchester and Glasgow, rest of the airports are served by other airlines.
In Pakistan, all international airports are covered, i.e. Islamabad, Lahore, Karachi and Peshawar and from those international airports you can get connecting flights for other regional airports, such as Bahawalpur, Multan, Sialkot, Hyderabad, Sukkur etc.